There's no room for complacency as to the right to label ourselves as partners with customers as it's not something that comes the moment we secure an opportunity; it still needs to be earned and continually reinforced.
It's no coincidence that Lucid has managed to nurture and sustain a number of partnership relationships including working with some clients since we began in 2003, through consistently attracting the best people, highly effective work and focusing on doing the basics really, really well.
A lot of energy and effort goes into understanding our client’s business including even sharing some of the pain at times.
These are some attributes which we feel underpins a real partnership:
- Trusting one another — absolute key
- Mutual respect and understanding
- Looking long-term and continually investing in the relationship
- Sharing common goals
- Offering solutions, not problems
- Being honest and transparent (not only with financials but procedures and processes)
- Helping one other when necessary (even making a small loss on certain pieces of work bearing in mind the long-term plan)
- Mutual, regular and robust appraisals